Private Tours of London for Small Groups
**Please note, all tours are suspended for the time being**
Small Groups, up to 6 People
Ideal for individuals, couples, families or small groups who want a personal and conversational tour based around their passions and interests. Each unique tour is tailored to your precise requirements. As a small group it is possible to visit many places that don’t permit larger groups and lots of places that don’t feature in the guidebooks.
Often booked by:
- First-time and experienced visitors to London wanting something different alongside the well-known sights
- Local couples and families celebrating a special anniversary or birthday
- Individuals wanting to make something good out of a long layover at one of London’s airports
- Groups of friends or colleagues wanting to discover new places and stories
- People staying for a short period who want to make the most of their time in London
- People who are bewildered by the enormous choice London offers and who want someone to give them a hand planning their trip
- Explore the places you really want to see and skip the things you don’t.
- I’ll make sure we don’t duplicate any places you have seen already or are planning to see.
- We travel at your own pace, pausing for a break whenever you like, this is your tour after all!
- Save time and energy finding your way from place to place.
- Explore hidden places that you probably wouldn’t find for yourself.
- Find out about real London life from a local.
- Have the exclusive services of an award winning, insured and fully qualified professional guide.
- Enjoy total flexibility.
- Receive follow up after the tour: for example a map of the route we took, links to websites, recommendations, suggestions, tips and hints about anything we happen to have been talking about during the day.
- An absolute guarantee that you will never pay unnecessary additional or hidden fees.
- I never take more than one private booking per day so you will have my undivided attention and I can be totally flexible about where and when we start and finish.
- I don’t use scripts or set routes. I speak to you, not at you and take you to the places I think you will most enjoy most.
- I will never offer to guide you in places where I really don’t think you will need a guide, for example in places where you will already have paid for a guide in your admission fee!
- My focus will always be to save you money and time so that you really get the most out of your tour.
What I Can’t Offer
- Any tours outside London. I am exclusively a London specialist.
- Any driving tours. All my tours are by foot or by London’s excellent public transport with an occasional cab where that offers a benefit.
|Small groups of family & friends|
|Length||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People|
My rates include
- My expenses during the tour (refreshments, public transport).
- Pre-visit consultation/advice.
They don’t include
- Your transport costs, entry fees, refreshments.
- You can pay me on the day in cash, or beforehand by credit card/bank transfer or Paypal.
- Depending on the tour we plan I may ask for a small deposit.
- If you need to cancel your tour for any reason I’d appreciate as much notice as possible. Given notice I will refund any deposit or pre-payment, less transaction fees, in full. For bookings cancelled within 24 hours I can’t offer a refund.
- If I need to cancel (this has only happened once in my entire career) I’ll refund any payments including fees in full immediately and will do my very best to find a trusted colleague who is available and fully briefed to run the same tour we have planned.
How to Book
Booking: All bookings are suspended for the time being.
For a genuinely tailored tour it’s obviously helpful for me to know a little about you and what you are planning.
- The date(s) you are looking at.
- How many people in your group and their approximate ages?
- Any special requirements?
- Are you visiting London and have you been before? Or are you locals?
- Is the tour part of a special event e.g. a birthday celebration?
- Any must-see places on your itinerary, whether or not as part of a tour?
- Any particular enthusiasms, passions, hobbies, professional interests you have. Or any things you really don’t want to see and aren’t interested in.
If you like my ideas for a tour we can come up with a more detailed plan, by email or phone, before you decide whether or not to book.