Private Tours of London for Larger Groups
Ideal for larger families and groups of friends wanting something more interactive than following an umbrella! Still small enough to be tailored to the groups interests and to see many places that don’t feature in the guidebooks.
Often booked for:
- First-time and experienced visitors to London wanting something different alongside the well-known sights
- Larger families and groups of friends wanting a more personal experience in London
- Pre-wedding parties, “Hen & Stag” events
- Big” birthdays and other celebrations
- Leaving Parties
- Explore the places you really want to see and skip the things you don’t.
- I’ll make sure we don’t duplicate any places you have seen already or are planning to see.
- We travel at your own pace, pausing for a break whenever you like, this is your tour after all!
- Save time and energy finding your way from place to place.
- Explore hidden places that you probably wouldn’t find for yourself.
- Find out about real London life from a local.
- Have the exclusive services of an award winning, insured and fully qualified professional guide.
- Enjoy total flexibility.
- Receive follow up after the tour: for example a map of the route we took, links to websites, recommendations, suggestions, tips and hints about anything we happen to have been talking about during the day.
- An absolute guarantee that you will never pay unnecessary additional or hidden fees.
- I never take more than one private booking per day so you will have my undivided attention and I can be totally flexible about where and when we start and finish.
- I don’t use scripts or set routes. I speak to you, not at you and take you to the places I think you will most enjoy most.
- I will never offer to guide you in places where I really don’t think you will need a guide, for example in places where you will already have paid for a guide in your admission fee!
- My focus will always be to save you money and time so that you really get the most out of your tour.
What I Can’t Offer
- Any tours outside London. I am exclusively a London specialist.
- Any driving tours. All my tours are by foot or by London’s excellent public transport with an occasional cab where that offers a benefit.
|Larger Groups of Friends & Family Tour Rates|
|Length||7-10 People||11-15 People||16-20 People|
My rates include
- My expenses during the tour (refreshments, public transport).
- Pre-visit consultation/advice.
They don’t include
- Your transport costs, entry fees, refreshments.
- You can pay me on the day in cash, or beforehand by credit card/bank transfer or Paypal.
- Depending on the tour we plan I may ask for a small deposit.
- Or if you like I can set-up a dedicated booking page for you on Eventbrite. That way individual friends can book their own places on the tour and nobody needs to collect any cash in advance or on the day.
- If you need to cancel your tour for any reason I’d appreciate as much notice as possible. Given notice I will refund any deposit or pre-payment, less transaction fees, in full. For bookings cancelled within 24 hours I can’t offer a refund.
- If I need to cancel (this has only happened once in my entire career) I’ll refund any payments including fees in full immediately and will do my very best to find a trusted colleague who is available and fully briefed to run the same tour we have planned.
How to Book
For a genuinely tailored tour it’s obviously helpful for me to know a little about you and what you are planning.
- The date(s) you are looking at.
- How many people in your group and their approximate ages?
- Any special requirements?
- Are you visiting London and have you been before? Or are you locals?
- Is the tour part of a special event e.g. a birthday celebration?
- Any must-see places on your itinerary, whether or not as part of a tour?
- Any general enthusiasms, passions, hobbies, professional interests you share. Or any things you really don’t want to see and aren’t interested in.
For a free, no obligation, consultation simply email a few of these details to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get straight back to you with some ideas and suggestions.
If you like my ideas for a tour we can come up with a more detailed plan, by email or phone, before you decide whether or not to book.